etc/xfce4/xinitrc, little change

BluPhoenyx quazar at dcnet2000.com
Sat Sep 27 19:59:18 CEST 2003

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 17:34:15 +0300
Ilkka Ollakka <ilkka.j.ollakka at students.oamk.fi> wrote:

> I thought that XFree sets dpi value correct based on screen(s) it
> detects

Generally, no. Xfree86 usually selects 75x75 dpi. Even most alternate
vendor drivers (AFAIK) don't set this. There is a driver from SciTech
called SNAP Graphics, which actually sets the Xfree86 dpi
automatically. Sadly, it's not Open Source. If interested, you can get
the unregistered version here.

http://www.scitechsoft.com

(Note that I'm not connected with this company but I find the driver
can be useful for newer video support.)

However, XFT dpi setting is not the same as the Xfree dpi setting. You
can tell this by using the command xdpyinfo in an xterm. The xft dpi
setting is only for the xft font display.

Mike T.

Linux user #169067