xrandr support

Jeroen jvalkon at xs4all.nl
Sat Sep 13 17:44:16 CEST 2003

On Saturday, Sep 13, 2003, at 12:10 Europe/Amsterdam, Jeroen wrote:

> On Saturday, Sep 13, 2003, at 11:47 Europe/Amsterdam, Olivier Fourdan
> wrote:
>
>> And indeed you forgot to mention the version of xfce4 you use... You
>> may
>> be using an older version that doesn't support xrandr.
>
> It's 3.99.3: etc.

Well, i built the RC4 src package. Applications indeed seem to maximize
against the current xrandr screensize (unlike the Archlinux RC3
package).

However, the panel (centered at the bottom) becomes invisible when i
select a smaller screensize. When it's centered above it doesn't
recenter
and so becomes partly invisible.
The taskbar (above) while still visible, doesn't resize horizontally.

It won't stop me from using xfce however :-).

regards,
Jeroen