RC4 schedule

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Mon Sep 8 13:58:20 CEST 2003

Op ma 08-09-2003, om 13:13 schreef Olivier Fourdan:
> Hi all,
>
> Mainly Edscott, Jasper, do you have any outstanding problems that still
> need work before RC4?
>
> Otherwise, we shall prepare the tarballs soon.

Nothing from me, except the icon scaling patch I send you.

Obviously, I would like to get this in, since we would be shipping with
'known bugs' in the icon scaling otherwise. On the other hand the new
patch has not really been tested, except by you and me. That doesn't
sound right for an rc release.

On yet another hand ;-), even gtk sometimes ships with bugs introduced
by last-minute fixes, so we could do a 4.0.1 emergency release of
libxfcegui4 if the patch doesn't work out after all ...

How about giving me until tomorrow night to test the patch? Then I could
prepare tarballs on Wednesday morning, either with or without the patch,
and we'd be able to do the release Wednesday evening.

	Jasper