mcs manager build error

Benedikt Meurer Benedikt.Meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Mon Oct 20 22:20:39 CEST 2003

On Mon, 20, Oct 2003, edscott wilson garcia wrote:

> > I don't think libxfcegui4 should depend on dbh...
>
> Me neither: the dependency makes everything else depend on dbh, which is
> unnecessary. That's why I reverted the changes. Now I've put the combo
> object into libxffm_combo.so. So for xfrun4 history, if xffm is
> installed, it will link to this library and share history information
> with xffm. If xffm is not installed, it will just fallback to current
> code.

Just an idea: But from my POV it makes most sense to do this check at
runtime (the check for libxffm_combo.so) in xfrun4, so a user can
decide to install/uninstall xffm without affecting xfrun4 regardless
of whether it was compiled with or without history support. This
should be an easy task using GModule.

> regards,
> Edscott

regards,