Display plugin

Benedikt Meurer Benedikt.Meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Thu Oct 16 18:01:21 CEST 2003

Hello,

I just committed the display plugin to the new CVS repository. It has
been around for some time now, but was delayed due to feature freeze.
In order to use it, you'll need to have XFree86 4.3 or better
installed (support for the Solaris Xserver/framebuffer is planned).

A screenshot of how it looks like can be found here:
http://www.xfce.org/images/screenshots/display-plugin.png

Note that not all applications are/might be ready for XRandR yet. I
have patches ready for the panel, the desktop and the taskbar, but
they are quite old, and I don't know if anybody made changes since
that time, so it may take some time until the plugin becomes really
useful in all ways. I hope to finish today.

As with all new stuff, please send bugreports and feature requests ;-)

regards,
Benedikt

--
NetBSD Operating system:                       http://www.NetBSD.org/