New CVS layout

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Thu Oct 16 09:26:21 CEST 2003

Op do 16-10-2003, om 09:08 schreef Biju Chacko:
> On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 08:49:17 +0200, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
>
> >  The new CVS is up and running and seems to be working fine. There's no
> >  anonymous access yet. ViewCVS is up and running though:
> >
> >  http://cvs.xfce.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/?cvsroot=Xfce
> >
> >  I have just changed the layout of the CVS repository. It was remarkably
> >  easy, now that we have access to the server ;-)
>

> Any chance of removing the cruft in the xfce4 tree? There is a lot of stuff
> there that is no longer relevant. Ideally, people should be able to cvs up
> xfce4/ to get XFce4. A single build script in the root may also be a good idea.

Agreed. That is the next step.

If we don't mind losing the earliest history of the xfce4 effort we
could simply rm -Rf the old directories.

A build script is an another matter, entirely. Are we prepared to
maintain and support one? There are several floating around and we
probably all have our own scripts as well.

Perhaps a simple one, compiling in the correct order and passing all
arguments given on the command line to ./configure in all modules?

MODULES="..."
for m in $MODULES
do
( cd $m && ./configure $@ && make && make install ) || break