xffm: Search window does not honor desktop borders

edscott wilson garcia edscott at prodigy.net.mx
Wed Oct 15 16:47:31 CEST 2003

On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 23:28, Danny Milosavljevic wrote:
> ... and so it is below my panel (I have the panel at the top) ;P

I don't quite understand. The dialog is shown at mouse position and the
wm does the rest...

> moreover, there is a horizontal scrollbar in the search window, search
> tab although the content almost fits in the window. I don't think the
> scrollbar is necessary at all since the search *results* are displayed
> in a xffm main window anyhow. (which is good, though I yet to have see
> results, see below why)

The glade file for generating the dialog (xffm/glade/xffm_find.glade)
must be setting fixed size instead of making the dialog use all required
space. You might want to play around with the glade file to get it
right.

> The "search only on one filesystem" option is important and should go to
> the normal options imo ;)

Agreed. You can move it in the glade file as long as you do not modify
the widget names.

> The "Maximum hits" spinbutton should be able to spin down to 1, since
> often only exactly one file is to be found. Well, dunno if that works
> without making the other values 65, 129, ... . Nevermind the request if
> not :)

If you manually enter "1", it will only find one file. And you are right
about the 65, 129, ....

> If I set type to "Normal file" and search, it complains:
> find /mnt/data/anime -ipath */test -xdev -type reg
> find: Invalid Argument "reg" for "-type".
>
> afaik, "-type file" is for regular files ;)

Correct. This is a bug. Fact is that when content search is on, fgr is
used instead of find. And fgr uses "-type reg". I'll fix this bug as
soon as possible. If you fix the glade file for the other gui issues we
can commit that too.

regards,

Edscott