Bugs in Graphical Pager and Workspace Switcher

Nathaniel McCallum natem at bestweb.net
Thu Oct 9 04:27:46 CEST 2003

Hello all!

First I just want to say a huge thanks to everyone for their work with
XFCE4!!!  It's AWESOME.  I'm hoping to get a chance to review the code and
maybe even help myself (but it will have to wait until AFTER my wedding).

Anyway, there are two things that I have noticed about this new version.  I
tried searching the archives and sourceforge.net but I was not able to find
anything about this.

Bug 1 - Worskspace Switcher: I'm not sure if this qualifies as a bug or a
"lack of features", but the workspace switcher doesn't grow to support
longer workspace names.  I know that this isn't necessarily a major thing,
but I am a system admin and I have all my server terms loaded in a
workspace.  I can't change the server names to fit the Workspace Switcher.
So this is a real pain.  Especially when I have 10 or so workspaces.

Bug 2 - Graphical Pager: This is a bug.  Like I said before I usually have
10 or so workspaces at any time.  I'd prefer to use the workspace switcher,
but as I have stated before, this is not really usable in XFCE4 because of
the short names.  However, when you are using a graphical pager, the last
"window" of the pager is noticeably longer than the other windows.  The more
workspaces you have, the more askew the last workspace is in the graphical
pager.  Its not really that noticeable with 4 or so workspaces, but just put
in 15 or so and it is almost the size of two of the other ones.  I haven't
looked at the code, but I would think it would be because of an integer
divide when a float divide is needed (discarding the "un-needed" decimals).
But I could be wrong.

Anyway, thanks for listening!  And GREAT WORK so far!

Nathaniel