Worspaces and Margins dialog in CVS

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Wed Oct 8 23:41:21 CEST 2003

resent as it didn't get to the list as it seems.
--

Hi Jasper,

It needs rework, I mean, it's not inline with the rest of the code.

1) MCS value names are prefixed with "Xfwm/" in xfwm.
2) set_workspace_names() has nothing to do in settings.c
3) I don't think it's the role of the WM to set workspace names btw
4) I don't use gdk_property_change() but X11 native routine (same goes
for gdk_x11_xatom_to_atom, etc.) These are pure X11 and I prefer to use
Xlib routines for those.
5) xfwm4 has its own static variables for root, display, etc. It's
better to stick with the ones from xfwm4 for now, so when/if I ever
implement multiple screen management from 1 single xfwm4 instance, that
will make my life easier.
6) It seems to me your patch goes further than just moving the MCS
plugin from xfdesktop to xfwm4. I really want to keep bloat out of
xfwm4, or at least keep bloat under control ;)

Cheers,
Olivier.