[ANN] xfce4-notes-0.9 - plugin for panel

Jakob Henriksson b0kaj+xfce4-dev-list at lysator.liu.se
Tue Oct 7 22:43:49 CEST 2003

On 2003.10.06 14:01, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> Op ma 06-10-2003, om 13:32 schreef Moritz Heiber:
> > > Hehe, I guess you know it will never be finished. Ever ;-)
> > >
> > > I'd be happy to test anything you have. If you need help, just
> ask.
> > >

> > Jasper,
> >
> > Has it moved to the goodies' CVS yet?
> >

> No, and I'm not hijacking the project. So, I'm hoping Jakob will
> agree
> to host it on berlios, but I'll wait for him.
>
> So, Jakob, what do you think?

I think: fine. How does that work? Anyway, I have tried to fix some of
the issues with the first release. Hope this version is more stable and
functional.

Download: http://www.lysator.liu.se/~b0kaj/xfce4-notes-0.9.5.tar.gz
(for now at least)

Or go to site: http://www.lysator.liu.se/~b0kaj/programming/notes/

What's changed?
	- Editable titlebar (double-click)
	- Option to make notes sticky,
	- Customizable applet icon,
	- Better option menu with separate color selection dialog
	- Fixed bad code crashing the app (doubleclick on titlebar)
	- Better tooltips..
	- other minor things...

One remaining issue is how to show/hide notes and how to create a new
note. Ideally perhaps would be to show/hide notes with single click and
create a new note with double click but I don't really know how to do
that in a nice way. The reason? There is a problem catching
GDK_2BUTTON_PRESS on "button-press-event" signal for creating new note
without catching GDK_BUTTON_PRESS for show/hide notes. It works but
it's not nice to see all notes flicker before a new note is created.
Any ideas on this? Anyway, for now I added some more informative
tooltips on panel applet icon per someones suggestion on this list.

Ok, don't have a cow,

Jakob