New desktop

Luca Roccia little_rock at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Oct 6 19:38:32 CEST 2003

Il lun, 2003-10-06 alle 10:12, Luca Roccia ha scritto:
> Hi
>
> I'm writing a new desktop manager.
> Right now it can handle icons (no alpha channel only bg transparency and
> caption hasn't got transparency at all right now) and change the
> background (I'm still coding for a decent root menu).
>
> It doesn't create a big window to cover root window; so there will be
> problems at all with programs like xsnox & co.
>
> Tell me if your are interessed in this prog. or I'll abadon the project
> before to start with the real prob.s :)
>
> P.S.
> Sorry for my bad english

Today I've finished the inetgration of the background manager with xfce
(changing background in xfce control panel changes the root bg). Right
now you don't have to change anythig to make the new background manager
to work :). All xfdesktop settings will be preserved and used.

I hope to finish preliminar icon support this night. What I'm doing is
reading all "icon file" placed in ~/Desktop (like gnome does). The
format of an "icon file" will be similar to idesk ones (I'm not really
sure about this, found nothing on fredesktop.org and maybe is better
compatibility with gnome?).

Anyway when icon support will be done, I'll release preview. I think
that a screenshot in this preliminary stage is useless. Anyway if
someone want to see my desktop with an image onto the root window, only
have to ask :)

And now a question:
How can I create a "channel" to use with mcs? I want to use mcs to store
Icon pref.s but haven't find any way to create a new channel :(

--
Luca Roccia <little_rock at users.sourceforge.net>