new module for libxfcegui4 (or libxfce4utils)

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Fri Oct 3 14:10:58 CEST 2003

Op do 02-10-2003, om 21:33 schreef Olivier Fourdan:
> Edscott,
>
> Yes, right, we need to take actions on deprecated stuff in next gtk
> version.

Gtk 2.4 will be a bit of a problem, because it will deprecate stuff for
which there is no replacement in previous versions (GtkCombo, file
selector).

We can either maintain separate #ifdef'fed implementations to be able to
start using the 2.4 replacements or require gtk 2.4 from a certain xfce
release onwards (4.4). The latter seems preferable to me, but we have to
be clear about when we will make the move.

It also depends on how valuable we think the 2.4 additions are.

	Jasper