mime icons for panel

Thomas Leonard tal00r at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Nov 27 13:12:18 CET 2003

On Wed, Nov 26, 2003 at 10:18:07PM +0100, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
[...]
> And finally there is of course the icon theme spec on freedesktop.org,
> that perhaps we should use. I haven't looked into that enough to give an
> opinion on it. Hopefully it offers us some opportunities to take
> advantage of work other people have done (the real advantage of using
> standards ;-)

Sorry to jump in here (only just noticed this thread). This is about
finding MIME icons for MIME types?

We're using the freedesktop.org icon theme spec (code copied from
GTK developer series; will be in GTK 2.4). There's a selector in the
Options window of ROX-Filer 2.1.0 that lets the user switch theme while
the filer is running, and we have some themes in the new format here:

	http://rox.sourceforge.net/phpwiki/index.php/ThemeGallery

The format for the icon names is given on the MIME page:

	http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/shared-mime-info-spec

(right at the bottom of that page)

HTH,

--