what to do with xfdesktop

Matthew Weier OPhinney matthew-lists at weierophinney.net
Tue Nov 25 12:44:39 CET 2003

-- Jasper Huijsmans <jasper at moongroup.com> wrote
(on Tuesday, 25 November 2003, 12:00 PM +0100):
<snip>
> Anyway, that leaves us with the question of what to do with xfdesktop:
>
> * Put the menu in xfwm4 and be done with it ;-) This will work, but I
> don't think Olivier will like it ...

I've been wanting this since the day I first started playing with xfwm4
sometime in March. I came from Blackbox, and I *like* that the wm has
context menus -- I didn't use the workspace one often, but it was nice
to have for those occasions when I couldn't remember what windows were
on which workspace; and I used the application menu *constantly*. And
they played nice with Rox (after I wrote a patch to Rox, that is :-).

I'm now using deskmenu with some scripts for handling workspaces
(primarily a wrapper for wmctrl), but it seems silly to keep this
separate from the wm...

Just my $0.02US.

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney