xffm fonts scaling

edscott wilson garcia edscott at lunar-linux.org
Fri Nov 14 18:31:26 CET 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-14 at 06:18, Olivier FOURDAN wrote:
> > I choose my fonts carefully, so that they are easy to read. I would
> > really prefer xffm to use the default gtk font size.
>
> Yeah, I'll second that. This behaviour is fairly annoying IMHO.

The problem is that when I click the toolbar button to change view, I do
it toggle quickly between views with more or less columns. By making the
fonts smaller with smaller icons, I can see all columns (date, owner,
mode) without resizing the window or scrolling horizontally. On making
the icons bigger, the text grows so that it fills the empty space left
by the absent columns.

I can understand why the behaviour bothers you guys. So we need a fix to
keep everybody happy.

I can think of enabling the fontsize changes *only* when the the change
view button is pressed. Or maybe just a preferences checkmenu item
"Enable font rescaling". Any other suggestions?