Postponing beta release
jasper at moongroup.com
Sat May 31 13:45:06 CEST 2003
Since there's no word from Olivier yet on the beta release, I don't
think we will be able to make a release today.
We are all rather busy with life at the moment, so it is quite natural
to slip the schedule a bit. However I really think at least we should be
clear about it, or as clear as posible.
What needs to be done for a beta release:
1) do we want to bump library version numbers to 1 yet?
2) making tarballs. What modules do we release, only xfce-devel, also
extras? I think all of them. Who makes them, maitainers, release
manager? perhaps bump some version numbers?
3) do we want to make binaries? I'd say no. We can have a
xfce4-beta-binaries release on SF for contributed binaries. Unless
we have resources/voluteers to keep the binaries up-to-date ...
4) do we want the new website on-line? Would be cool, but requires a bit
of extra work I think (updating texts, based on answers to the above
questions). At least we need a good description of how to build the
5) choose the release date if not today.
Right, so this is basically just a matter of making the decissions and
as far as I can see in the end Olivier has to be the one to make them.
Did I miss anything?
More information about the Xfce4-dev