Xinerama window positions

Chris de Vidal cdevidal at yahoo.com
Thu May 29 23:14:38 CEST 2003

--- Jasper Huijsmans <jasper at moongroup.com> wrote:
> > Just upgraded to XFCE4 0.2 and I like almost everything I see.  Good
> > job!!
> >

> Thanks, but, err, 0.2?? We have made no releases that I'm aware of.
> Where did you get it from?

LOL it's a Debian package (Sid).  It appeared in the XFCE about window, so I
thought it was a release version.  Screenshot:
http://devidal.tv/~chris/xfce4_v0.2.gif

On that note, a screenshot of my desktop:
http://devidal.tv/~chris/xfce4.jpg
Add it to your collection if you wish, but PLEASE mirror it -- limited
bandwidth on my server.

> > Xinerama: When new windows appear, they appear on my left monitor at
> > 0,0.  My left monitor is slightly below the right and so 0,0 is
> > offscreen.  This wasn't a problem in XFCE3.
> >

> I'm afraid I have no idea, but it is a strange configuration, isn't it?

A little unusual.  I have a 17" and a 19" monitor; the left's top is slightly
below the right's and the bottom is slightly above the right's (because it's
smaller).  But as I said, I had no problems with XFCE3, and I was very pleased.
 I did have the same problem with KDE.  I've never tried Gnome on this PC.

Earlier today, the iconbox completely dissappeared when I switched
orientations.  Since it's not on the task list, I had a tough time getting it
back.  I'm afraid other small apps/dialog boxes will dissappear.

Anyone have ideas?