a note about xfhelp4 for doc writers...

Matthew Weier OPhinney matthew-lists at weierophinney.net
Wed May 28 21:22:32 CEST 2003

I've been wondering for a while why xfhelp4 defaults to mozilla, and
then had the bright idea of looking at the xfhelp4 executable... a
simple shell script... which grabs the BROWSER environment variable, and
defaults to mozilla if it isn't set.

So, the note I would make is that if a user wishes to use a different
browser with xfhelp4, they should export the BROWSER variable with the
appropriate executable from within their shells rc file or within the
.xinitrc/.xsession file that starts xfwm/ce4.

If this could see its way into the documentation (along with an
example), I could see this being greatly appreciated by others. I'd be
willing to provide the example and write up the text, if necessary.

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
matthew at weierophinney.net
http://matthew.weierophinney.net