move window to workspaces

Don Tanner mesa at linuxtux.org
Thu May 22 18:53:31 CEST 2003

Hello,

Yes we should speak about this also.
We do need a menu on the titlebar's windows with this option:
"Move to Desktop 1, 2, etc"
What if you are mouseless ?
Then if you are mouseless you have no way of controlling the windows. Moving aps to another workstation.
IMHO this option should always be availabla in a Menu Option on the windows titlebar like we had in xfce3.
Matter of fact it should be just like the one from xfce3 with the standard options in the windows titlebar.

> Hi!
>
> Am Don, 2003-05-22 um 17.09 schrieb George Ivanov:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Is it the only way to move a window to some workspace using
> > "Warp workspaces when the pointer reaches..." ?
> > I don't use this feature because i don't like it at all. So if a user don't
> > use this , (s)he  don't have a way to move a window to a different workspace.
> > It will be very good if we have "Move to desktop.." in window menu, or in
> > pop-up menu in the taskbar.

100 % resounding YES this feature should be brought back (Menu option in windows titlebar with "Move to desktop")

> Well, I like dragging and dropping within the pager applet to move a
> window to another workspace :) Works really good ^^

Yes drag and dropping  with pager is nice although it does not address the issue at hand .

> > Regards
> > George
>
> cheers
>    Danny