Translations how-to

Ilkka Ollakka ilkka.j.ollakka at students.oamk.fi
Wed May 21 08:33:28 CEST 2003

On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 09:20:26AM +0300, George Ivanov wrote:

> Hi All,
> How can i translate XFCE4 or some part of it?
> Please give me some short howto. It will be grate if someone publish the
> how-to on the website.

Hi

translating is pretty easy to start, in example start translatin xfwm4:

cd xfwm4/po
copy xfwm4.pot <your language>.po (like the others)
edit that file,and add translated string (like other .po files have)
your all done,after that you only need to fix typos and update
translations if strings chage (etc.)

You can look for examples in other .po files

that's kinda quick'n'dirty 101 to translating ;)

Ilkka Ollakka ilkka.j.ollakka at students.oamk.fi