Xfwm4 issues

Joakim Andreasson joakim.andreasson at gmx.net
Thu May 15 19:49:41 CEST 2003

Hi Olivier, and others,

There has been showing up some problems lately with Xfwm4 relating to (I think mostly) window manager hints. The most obvious one to me is that sticky windows, such as Xmms, once iconified, don't show up on either the Xfdesktop window list or in the icon box.

The other one is that motif hints doesn't seem to be correctly honoured anymore: windows that under mwm (i checked, because it seemed a little strange) have only a menu button or a menu button and a minimize button under xfwm4 have sometimes a menu button and a maximise button, sometimes all enabled buttons (in my case 3). This applies most clearly to the nedit file selectors and configuration dialogs, but also the xfce mcs settings dialogs seem to be affected. (Not that it bothers me THAT much, but I think mwm compliance is one of xfwm4's 'selling points', so I thought you might want to know.)

Regards,
Joakim