feature requests to xfwm and xfce4-panel

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Mon May 12 19:17:08 CEST 2003

Hi Jasper,

On Mon, 2003-05-12 at 14:20, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> While we're talking about the panel, with your permission I'd like to
> make one more change: remove the type option menu from the item
> properties dialog (which is a bit odd anyway) and have a separate
> dialog to add an item that lets the user choose from a list of
> available modules. Current behaviour sucks in more than one way and this
> may even solve the problem you reported earlier.

Changing the code with the hope that will fix a bug is not exactly what
I call "managed" changes :)

I think it would be better to find the root cause of the problem first,
and then improve the code...

> I know we are in feature freeze, but I think it will be a big
> improvement. So, should I make the required changes?

That's fine when adding new items, but what about changing an existing
item ?

Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org>
http://www.xfce.org