Development Roadmap

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Mon May 12 07:29:18 CEST 2003

Hi Botsie,

On Mon, 2003-05-12 at 06:39, Biju Chacko wrote:
> However, I am concerned with the state of our feature freeze. We seemed
> to have capped the addition of major features but minor features are
> still being added.

Right. And this is where bugs are usually intriduced, that's why I'm
against any new addition if not proven to have very low impact on
existing code.

> What do you say, we put up some hard deadlines? I propose the following
> roadmap:
>
> 12 May: Last Call for Feature requests.

Call? No need to call IMHO.

> 15 May: Separate Feature requests into: For 4.0, For 4.2, Rejected.

Agree.

> 31 May: Feature Freeze

Why wait 2 weeks?

> 15 June: XFce4-BETA-1 (Announcement on fm,lwn,osnews etc) (Translation
> Freeze)

If you remove the 15 days, you end up => 31 May.

> 15-30 June: Additional Beta releases as required.

Here I would take a bit longer.

> 30 June: XFce4-RC1 (Announcement on fm,lwn,osnews etc) (Documentation
> Freeze)

Ok.

> 30 June-15 July: Additional Release Candidates as required.

Ok. Might slip a bit.

> 15 July: XFce4-RELEASE

16 July: Celebrate :)

> Olivier, is this too optimistic? Or too stretched out?

Sound optimisitc but doable.

Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org>
http://www.xfce.org