xffm: Feature Request: xffm /mnt/cdrom --> giving a "mount" entry :)

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Sun May 11 17:57:49 CEST 2003

Hi Danny,

El dom, 11-05-2003 a las 02:50, Danny escribió:
> Hi edscott :)
>
> Thanks for your hard work on xffm :)
>
> Ok so my request:
> I normally use launchers for my removable media drives like so:
> Launcher 1:
>    "CD-ROM"
>    --> xffm /mnt/cdrom
>
> Launcher 2:
>    "DVD-CDROM"
>    --> xffm /mnt/dvd
>
> and so on.
>
> However, if I do it like this and the media is not mounted, I get the
> empty folder and thats it (well, I got permission denied before because
> the unmounted folder had dr-x------ but thats another story ^^ )
>
> So I'd really like to see 1) an toolbar entry for [un]mounting when the
> selected directory is a mountpoint or just 2) automatically execute
> mount on opening xffm with a mountpoint as argument :)

1) is on the TODO list, but not until 4.2. It will not be exactly as you
suggest, but rather a submenu "mount/unmount" within the tools. The
submenu will list the fstab entries with either mount or unmount
depending on the circumstance. I'm holding it to 4.2 because although it
is very simple in concept it is a little more difficult to implement
since the fstab entries submenu must be dynamic not only in the
mount/unmount part, but also in the number of entries if the fstab file
is changed.

About 2), I would much rather do it when you run xffstab with an
argument, since currently running xffstab with an argument does nothing.
It could mount the argument (if listed in fstab file), then add the the
local file branch expanded at the mount point. On closing the xffm
window, the mount point would be unmounted. Would that do the trick?

saludos,

Edscott