xfwm: multiple screens?

Danny danny.milo at gmx.net
Sat May 10 17:22:31 CEST 2003

Am Sam, 2003-05-10 um 17.09 schrieb Olivier Fourdan:
> Hi Danny,
>
> Right now, it won't manage more than 1 screen.
>
> So you'll have to run it twice. I'm curious to see if that works...

Yes :)

There is one small quirk though.
I start one xterm on the first screen. it is active.
Then I start one xterm on the second screen. it is active.
Two "active" windows ;)

Thats not bad on initial thought, but I think there is only one keyboard
focus in total.

So if you then click on the first screen's xterm, xfwm concludes that it
is already active and does not transfer the keyboard focus (which is at
the second screen's xterm currently) to it ('cause it "is" already there
lol - at least in the view of the first xfwm)

Maybe comparing the screen of the control which has the "keyboard focus"
(dunno if that is the gtk term for it ;)) with the screen the xfwm
manages on "window activation" would help ;)

I started xfwm like that:
export DISPLAY=":0.0"
xfwm --daemon
export DISPLAY=":0.1"