xftaskbar problem

Net Llama! netllama at linux-sxs.org
Wed May 7 18:08:52 CEST 2003

On Tue, 6 May 2003, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> On Tue, 6 May 2003 14:15:57 -0400 (EDT)
> Net Llama! <netllama at linux-sxs.org> wrote:
>
> > you do understand correctly, however you suggested solution doesn't
> > work. if i move it back to the edge of the screen, as soon as i move
> > my mouse over it to unhide it, the entire thing jumps back to its
> > previous ~1cm from the edge location.  it basically refuses to stay on
> > the edge of the screen.
> >

> ok, I thought I fixed that, but the solution was in libxfcegui4, so
> maybe updating that can solve it for you.
>
> If you move it, then right-click on an item to open a dialog and then
> close the dialog it should be fixed as well (I believe the problem is
> that the position is not properly saved after moving).

Unfortunately, this has gotten much, much worse since updating from cvs.
Somehow the contents of ~/.xfce4/settings/xfce-settings.xml got wiped out,
which was generating a "Document is empty" error that prevented
xfce-setting-show from starting up.  Deleting the empty version of
~/.xfce4/settings/xfce-settings.xml allowed me to start xfce-setting-show,
however now i'm getting two panels which refuse to sit anywhere but
vertically along the middle of the left hand side of my screen.  I can't
even drag it elsewhere.

Lonni J Friedman				netllama at linux-sxs.org
Linux Step-by-step & TyGeMo		     http://netllama.ipfox.com