xftaskbar problem

Net Llama! netllama at linux-sxs.org
Tue May 6 20:15:57 CEST 2003

On Tue, 6 May 2003, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> On Mon, 5 May 2003 18:27:56 -0400 (EDT)
> Net Llama! <netllama at linux-sxs.org> wrote:
>

> > No, its hiding just fine.  I'm familiar with how that is supposed to
> > work(and it did work as expected up until this recent build).  It
> > behaves just fine if the size is set to medium.  However, if i change
> > the size to something smaller (Small, Tiny), then it hides, but floats
> > off of the edge of the screen, abot 1cm in, so that i see this silver
> > bar sitting in th emiddle of nowhere.  I'll try & get you a screenshot
> > tomorrow, if this doesn't make any sense.
>
> well, if I understand correctly, this could simply be that when the
> panel resizes from medium to small it doesn't stay on the edge. If you
> move your mouse over the bar, it should unhide and you can move it back
> to the screen edge.

you do understand correctly, however you suggested solution doesn't work.
if i move it back to the edge of the screen, as soon as i move my mouse
over it to unhide it, the entire thing jumps back to its previous ~1cm
from the edge location.  it basically refuses to stay on the edge of the
screen.

> Note to self: I really need to be smarter when resizing the panel!

thanks.

Lonni J Friedman				netllama at linux-sxs.org
Linux Step-by-step & TyGeMo		     http://netllama.ipfox.com