Module versioning

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Mon May 5 14:05:23 CEST 2003

Ok, we should do something about this versioning madness:

libxfce4mcs-0.0.5.tar.gz
libxfce4util-0.3.0.tar.gz
libxfcegui4-0.0.21.tar.gz
xfce4-0.10.2.tar.gz
xfce4-iconbox-0.1.tar.gz
xfce-mcs-manager-0.2.0.tar.gz
xfce-mcs-plugins-0.1.tar.gz
xfce-utils-0.2.3.tar.gz
xfdesktop-0.1.tar.gz
xffm-0.1.288.tar.gz
xfprint-0.0.2.tar.gz
xfwm4-0.1.tar.gz

Can we please get some less random version numbering scheme in place?
The libraries are ok, although perhaps we should define some goals for
when we are going to call it version 1.

Are we going to be calling the modules xfcwm4 1.0 for the release or
4.0. My vote would go to 4.0. Bugfixes should be 4.0.x, development
versions 4.1.x and the next stable release 4.2.0.

IMO, it would be best if we started to call the betas something like
3.90.x for consistency.

Opinions?

	Jasper