GTK version question

Mark Russell markarussell at earthlink.net
Sat May 3 17:58:05 CEST 2003

The typical problem problem I get is that thread stack in the debug screen
stops updating itself as well as nothing showing up in the console.  When I
switch perspectives ther the console may suddenly update itself.  Also when
these problems show themselves (its not consistent) java & X start taking all
the cpu time, mostly split evenly between the two.

Also at other times I may try to save something and Eclipse just hangs.  I
have had other occurences of it just hanging will trying to exit, debug ect.
Also sometimes when I start a debug session the function keys do strange
things such as pop up menus when they should be stepping code.

I didn't start to encounter these until I upgraded Red Hat to the 9 version
which uses the latest gtk.  I recently switched to Gentoo on this machine
(which is what i use at home) and it has the same issues.  The only other
thing it could be is the plugins I'm using since loaded those at the same
time I upgraded.  The plugins: SysDeo's tomcat plugin, Improve Technologies
Struts plugin, Eclipse's GEF plugin, and Solar Eclipse (JSP editing among
other things.

By chance do you know the specific version number of the gtk your using?
(2.2.0 or 2.2.1)

MAR