Fwd: libxfcegui4, xfce4-iconbox problems and patches

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Fri May 2 10:19:06 CEST 2003

On Fri, 2 May 2003 13:31:24 +0530
Biju Chacko <biju_chacko at vsnl.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 2 May 2003 00:27:36 -0700 (PDT), K. Prasad wrote:
>
> >  xfce4-iconbox does not die. It just stops displaying.
> >  Opening a window also does not help.
>
> My iconbox config has 'Hide if empty' and 'Show minimized windows
> only'. It's behavior is similar to what you describe. Does it appear
> if you minimize windows?

There are two issues here:

* the behaviour can be changed by changing the settings as botsie
mentioned. (Toby, I think you shouldn't default to hide when empty,
since it may be confusing).

* the situation you described where the iconbox is initialized before
xfwm4.

This should not happen if you use `xfwm4 --daemon' before starting
xfce4-iconbox in your .xinitrc If you use xfwm4 as last app in .xinitrc
this obviously doesn't work.

In that case the iconbox should wait for a compliant window manager to
start. I haven't looked at the code. Toby, if you reading this, maybe
you can comment (if it's not currently implemented you can look at what
the panel does in main.c).

	Jasper