xfwm4 alt-tabbing locks X?

Tick theaterfire at yahoo.com
Fri May 2 08:53:39 CEST 2003

I just noticed with the latest CVS that if I held down alt+tab, xmms would
stop playing.  It would start again when I released the key combo.  I
investigated a bit further and found that holding that combo down actually
seemed to halt all X processes, at least aurally and visually.  I had a
top process going in a terminal to see if it was a resource problem, and
its display stopped when I held the combo down.

I tend to use virtual desktops instead of piling apps up such that I have
to switch, so it's only a minor nuisance for me at the moment.

BTW, the x-ray vision on app switching is incredibly cool.  I never would
have thought of it myself, but it is immensely helpful.  I tend to have
smaller windows buried under larger ones and it's quite easy for me to
remember which windows are which based on their location on screen.  The
little black outlines give me the visual clue I need to jog my memory so I
don't have to read titlebar captions in the alt+tab switching window.
That feature and the new alt+RMB for resizing (something I thought about a
long time ago in a "wouldn't it be nice" sorta way) remind me why I'm
using xfce4. =)

-Tick