Status of xfce 4

Biju Chacko biju_chacko at vsnl.net
Mon Mar 31 05:10:35 CEST 2003

On Sun, 2003-03-30 at 10:53, Net Llama! wrote:
> i dont' have gnome installed on any of my boxes where i run xfce.  if i
> did, i'd be running gnome, not xfce.

xsm is part of XFree86. I assume you have *that* installed. ;-)

I have to admit, though, that I was never able to get xsm to work
properly.

IIRC, the way to use it is something like this:

- run xsm as the *only* app in your session. (If you have problems with
this step, let me know and I'll give you more details)

- execute whatever applications you want.

- save the session to a particular name.

- select that session name on next start up. (xsm always crashed at this
point for me. YMMV).

Try it and let us know how it works out.

-- b