xfwm4 status [WAS Re: Status of xfce 4]

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Sun Mar 30 16:28:30 CEST 2003

On Sun, 2003-03-30 at 07:16, Olivier Fourdan wrote:

> > * In focus-follows-mouse mode, when you change workspaces with the
> >   keyboard the window on the new workspace where the mouse pointer is
> >   should get the focus, I think. As it works now the window that
> >   previously had focus on that workspace is focused. Perhaps it should
> >   even work like that in all focus modes?
>
> Well, many focus transitions are valid when you change desktops,
> focusing the last focused window as it is right now, focusing the window
> on top of the stack, focusing the window under the mouse pointer etc.
>
> I think it makes sense to focus the last focus window. It's more
> "natural". And I think it's better to stay consistent whatever focus
> mode is chosen.

	FWLIW, XFce3 keeps the focus under the pointer.  AFAIC, it doesn't
matter.  I tend to use the desktop switcher in the panel and will likely
to the same whenever I get xfce4 installed and running.  (I know, I
know...  I should already be running it)

--
Farewell neighbor.  Thank you for giving us a safe place for so many
years.