Status of xfce 4

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Sat Mar 29 23:02:32 CET 2003

Hi Lonni,

Use either xsm or gnome-session (and Botsie posted some kinda howto to
make gnome-session run xfce4 only, ie w/out the panel)

FYI, all components in xfce4 are session aware, we just miss the session
manager itself. And xfce3 did not have one either, it was simply xfwm
that was taking care of restoring the apps. While this would be easy to
do in xfwm4, I'm against it :P

I'm fairly sure we all can live w/out a session manager right now. For
those who cannot, "man xsm" ;)

Cheers,
Olivier.

--