minimize/icons

BluPhoenyx quazar at dcnet2000.com
Mon Mar 24 02:21:00 CET 2003

> is there a way to have icons minimize when application id minimized

Not currently, AFAIK, but you can do what I do and have similar functionality. You need the program Rox-filer which besides being a nice file manager, can also run in panel and pinboard mode. The pinboard runs on top of the X background and displays minimized icons. You also will have the capability of having Rox icons for either directories, applications, documents etc. Ok, I won't continue raving about Rox but it makes a great combination which I have used for quite some time now.

Currently, once Rox is installed, you can launch the pinboard mode by adding a line like the following to your ~/.xsession right before the part which launches the xfce4 panel.

rox -p $HOME/Choices/ROX-Filer/pb_xfce4 &

You can run the default pinboard. In my case I sometimes run the default Rox-session and want to keep them separate.

The obligatory link :)
http://sourceforge.net/projects/rox/

Mike T.