Locking the screen

Scott Robert Ladd scott at coyotegulch.com
Tue Mar 18 15:27:52 CET 2003

Screen locking works on one computer, but not another, with similar
configurations.

I have two computers running XFce 4 -- my venerable dual-Pentium III
(Copernicus), and a newer Pentium IV system (Tycho). These are Debian
unstable systems; the only major OS difference is that Tycho runs a 2.5.63
development kernel.

When I select "Lock Screen" for Copernicus, it works.

On Tycho, "Lock Screen" does absolutley nothing.

What gives? Any ideas as to how I can turn on screen locking for Tycho? I've
examined various start-up files; everything LOOKS the same. I'm sure I'm
missing some detail somewhere...

..Scott

--
Scott Robert Ladd