xfdesktop error

Moritz Heiber MisterMoe at hackerboard.de
Sat Mar 15 16:22:54 CET 2003

> Moritz,
>
> It's a problem with FreeType, not xfce.
>
> Any GTK2 apps you'll compile will give you this error.
>
> GYI, make sure you have the exact same FreeType version in /usr/lib and
> /usr/X11R6/lib, including headers
>
> Cheers,
> Olivier.

I don't agree Olivier. All the other GTK2 apps (means: All the other modules) are doing
just fine compiling with the current Freetype that ships with Xfree 4.3.0 and Pango. (f.e.
I recompiled Mozilla with GTK2 support without any problems today, or take ed2k-gui ...
all went fine).

That has to be something else. Though I might try recompiling Pango or even X as the
others suggested.

Moritz