Coding style

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Fri Mar 14 14:58:33 CET 2003

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003 14:35:13 +0100
Benedikt Meurer <Benedikt.Meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de> wrote:
> > > 	* Editor settings: sw=4 ts=4 et (this is what jasper and olivier
> > > 	  seems to be using)
> > >

> > ts=8
>
> Hm, thats bad. Either ts=8 and sw=8 or ts=4 and sw=4. Do not mix them.

> Yeah, I used to use KNF (Kernel normal form). Its better to read and
> its easily visible.
>
> BTW its:
>
> if () {
> }
> else {
> }
>
> > There's a .indent.pro file in xfwm4/src/ that should be used for the
> > coding style.
>
> hm, iŽd vote for a more common and a better readable coding style than
> the current one in use. But if all others agree on the current style,
> I'm going to adept that style (except that sw and ts should be equal
> in any case!).

This is all highly debatable, which is probably why there are so many
different coding styles in the first place ;-) This includes your tab /
indentation width argument.

IMO, it doesn't matter one single bit what we do as long as we all do
the same. Olivier made that file to comply with his preferences and I am
happy to follow that.

	Jasper