xffm hangs on running external programs

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Mon Mar 10 16:33:25 CET 2003

Hey Jasper,

Hmm... I'm guessing that it might have to do with the kernel you are
using combined with the use of pthreads. Please try the following with a
clean tree: after the configure step, edit the file ./config.h and
undefine both HAVE_PTHREADS and HAVE_PTHREAD_H. Then compile and make
install to put the libraries in place and check if the problem has gone
away. The lines to look for in config.h look like this:

/* Define if there is a pthread header. */
#define HAVE_PTHREADS 1

/* Define to 1 if you have the <pthread.h> header file. */
#define HAVE_PTHREAD_H 1

Edscott