new xfce theme (was xffm status and (small) request :)

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Mon Mar 10 14:44:16 CET 2003

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003 13:21:58 +0000
James Tappin <sjt at star.sr.bham.ac.uk> wrote:

> On 09 Mar 2003 10:27:28 +0100
> Mickaël Graf <mgf at bredband.net> wrote:
>

> MG> well, if you give me some time, I can *freely* (= 0 USD = 0 Eur =
> MG> 0 Pounds = 0 whatever) contribute with something like this (see
> MG> attachment).
> MG>
> MG> Of course, the curve icons you can see will be replaced. I just
> MG> ask some time, coz I have a lot of other stuff to do.
>
> They look nice, but just one thought -- we probably need to consider
> how the icons will look in 8-bit colour (after all one of the plusses
> of Xfce relative to the other two is its usability on low-end hardware
> which may include folks who need to trade off colours to get
> resolution).

I wonder whether people with that kind of hardware wouldn't be better
off running xfce 3 anyway. Gtk2 is quite a bit larger than gtk1 for
instance.

Also in that case I would prefer creating a special low-color theme (or
using the current 'Xfce' theme) for people with limited hardware, rather
than limiting the design for the default icons.

Just some thoughts. I have enormous respect for anyone who can create
any sort of icon set, since my graphics skills are basically
non-existent ;-)

	Jasper