Feature requests and bugs. (a lot of)
vaino.jarvela at pp.inet.fi
Sat Mar 8 06:34:02 CET 2003
I just decided to quickly test run XFCE4. This is a list of what i would
like to see fixed and added to XFCE. I won't be using XFCE because it
doesn't "yet" do everything i wish it to.. but maybe i will someday :)
Be warned that i didn't have time to go through your mailing-list
archives so there may be duplicates. Sorry.. really, i am.
- In XFFM when SMB Network doesn't find Master Browser, it should stop
"Loading..." and report the error instead.
- Is there a way to setup SMB-support? How to use username&password for
- In XFFM when i open "Book" and i have entries in it but still the
"drag+drop info" flashes by.
- In XFFM when there is 0 elements in tree, don't add "null path!".
Leave it empty.
- I didn't wait and see, but does XFFM->Fstab timeout if it gets stuck
on a mount?
- Why can i write in XFFM:s error log?
- File context menu should be restructured in XFFM. File operations
should be the default menu under the cursor when you popup the menu.
And please, add remove/delete in the menu.
- xfhelp4: What if i don't have Mozilla? It should ask for another
- Lock-screen should popup if there is no xscreensaver or xlock.
- Mailcheck panel-item should have support for Maildir format. Maybe a
way to check multiple mailboxes/maildirs. And how about using fam to
check for new mail?
- Option to have no popup-buttons but to press and hold item to popup
- Maybe not show popup-buttons at all if there are nothing to popup to.
- XFWM: Window-to-Window snapping.
- XFFM: Use MIME-types for application support.
- Not hating me after all this =)
That's all for this time. I think...
More information about the Xfce4-dev