new xfce theme (was xffm status and (small) request :)

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Fri Mar 7 14:25:51 CET 2003

El vie, 07-03-2003 a las 03:29, Benedikt Meurer escribió:
> On Fri, 07, Mar 2003, Olivier Fourdan wrote:
>
> > Other than that, I have a small request... Could you remove the "xfce"
> > theme, it's really ugly and in fact, I'm trying to smoothly cut the CDE
> > look from xfce (well, okay, it's my goal)... Or at least, default to
> > gnome look.
>
> I think, the best idea would be to have neither a CDE nor a Gnome theme
> the be the default, but instead have a default Xfce theme. BTW: I'm
> looking for printer icons (an icon for a Postscript printer and an
> icon for a line printer :-).

That would be the best solution, and icons for themes could depend on
packages from other places (except cde which AFAIK is only in xfce).
Also a single icon theme selection would be available in the mcs-manager
for all apps. The big problem I see is creating icons for a brand new
theme. We would most certainly need more support and donations in the
form of time from the xfce community (hey, forget about money and
hardware and airfare and beer, a little time is all it takes [hint] ;-)

Edscott