xffm status and (small) request :)

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Fri Mar 7 07:48:22 CET 2003

Note:
My ISP had problems recently, I don't know if there mail came
over, so I resend
Hi Edscott,

I'm wondering, what's the status of samba support in xffm ? And the
general status of xffm, from your point of view.

I have another question regarding mcs support in xffm. From the comments
in the code, I wonder if the support is implemented as it should
(especially, the "remote app" comment, as this is handled by mcs, no
need for a local file) - As for preference menu, it should be removed
all together and replaced by a call to mcs manager to show the mcs
plugin (like xfce panel does). The goal of mcs is to have a centralized,
host independent, common interface for all applications configuration.

Other than that, I have a small request... Could you remove the "xfce"
theme, it's really ugly and in fact, I'm trying to smoothly cut the CDE
look from xfce (well, okay, it's my goal)... Or at least, default to
gnome look.

Hehehe, I know I'll be flamed for saying that... Maybe you could make
that a separate package ?

Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org>
http://www.xfce.org