Hardcoded locations.

Benedikt Meurer Benedikt.Meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Thu Mar 6 16:09:22 CET 2003

On Thu, 06, Mar 2003, James Tappin wrote:

> It appears that xfce-mcs-manager and xfce-mcs-plugins have hardcoded
> settings of localedir and gnulocale in the Makefiles (and precursors
> thereof) in their po subdirectories (which causes installation to fail
> when done as a non-privileged user to a prefix that doesn't need root
> access (and even if forced through, of course localization will not
> work).
>
> Also xffm (at least) needs --datadir and --sysconfdir to be set
> explicitly in the configure step if it is not to look in /usr/local for
> everything.

I installed Xfce4 on a Debian box in $HOME/Programs today. All worked
well (except of the fact that its Debian :-), so I guess its a
RedHat problem.

> P.S. I've been getting the unable to load plugins problem on RH7.3, but
> I can't yet be sure it's not related to the install problems described
> above. (Works fine in Debian Sid in /usr/local).

That was due to some systems missed to put -export-dynamic in the gmodule.pc
file. Should be fixed now for all mcs plugins.

regards,
Benedikt

    -- Henry Spencer