weird make

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Wed Mar 5 14:42:19 CET 2003

I'm pretty sure this was not happening before. I'm seeing it in FreeBSD
4.7 for xffm:

I do "make" and all modules compile. Then I su to root and do "make
install" and all modules are recompiled! Then I exit the su-root and do
a "make" and everything compiles again! In view of the number of modules
to be compiled and the speed of my box (300 mhz), this puts quite a
brake on development and is rather serious for me (although it has no
binary consecuence).

Does anybody have any idea what could be causing such effects?

Edscott