iconbox (xfibx)

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Tue Mar 4 19:36:28 CET 2003

On 04 Mar 2003 20:16:28 +0200
Voicu Liviu <liviu.voicu at huji.ac.il> wrote:

> > >the xfce> style.

> > >help with> the

> > >or> not.

> > > I think who want to use gnome or kde is ok, but stop adding
> > > uneeded stuff...lett keep xfce4 clean and fast
> >
> > As long as you can choose which module is loaded and which one not
> > it's ok by me.
>
> Yeah, It's ok by me too, but this in this way people will add and add
> and add...ya know, at the end we will have ....xfcekde :-)
> I tried them all, flux, kde, gnome...but xfce made me happy, fast like
> fluxbox and usable like gnome ( thank God, still not bloated like
> other wms )

Don't be afraid. The XFce components are all separate programs. If you
don't want them, don't run them, in fact, don't install them at all.

The iconbox funtionality is presently not available in XFce 4 and could
be an alternative for icons on the desktop, which nobody has found time
to write yet.

You call it unneeded stuff, but it seems to me many people may find it
very useful.

	Jasper