panel applications in xffm

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Mon Mar 3 03:50:30 CET 2003

El dom, 02-03-2003 a las 14:19, Jens Luedicke escribió:
> On Sun, 2003-03-02 at 20:22, edscott wilson garcia wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > The panel applications folder (read from xfce4-panel configuration) in
> > xffm is now complete with drawers and custom icons. Aplications are
> > launched by double click, or by d+d (like the panel), or by cut and
> > paste (similar to d+d).
>
> Cool. I like this feature. But there is one small issue:
>
> I use a long command to fire up my Eterm from the panel
> and xffm displays this whole command. It would make more sense
> to display the Tooltip text instead or shorten the displayed text.

I thought about that, but the code gets more complicated. And won't work
for me since I don't use the Tooltip field.

> Furthermore I would like to replace 'Fstab' with 'Filesystems'
> if nobody disagrees. The 'Book' entry is another thing ...

I disagree. I rather call things what they are, and the fstab folder is
a projection of the fstab file. You want to change the fstab folder,
change the fstab file. Besides, it's set as a translatable string so
that you could change it to whatever you like using a locale.

Edscott