Current update state of play

nestu the_new_guiri at yahoo.es
Wed Jun 25 20:46:25 CEST 2003

Hi, Russ  ;)
>(1) Update-xfce's homepage looks dull and prints fine, may I suggest using
>a pale color background.
I like those colours 'cause they remind me of my emacs :")

>(2) The new update-xfce script is probably ok also. Thanks Nestu.!
>	(see below)
;)

[...]

>(4) This evening I have pulled down Three (3) times from CVS "update-xfce
>-A"
>Each time the download stops at,
>'U xfce4-extras/xfwm-themes/themes-xfce/topright-inactive.xpm' :-) I hope.
>There is no error message, the bloody download just hangs.
>If the script had failed I would have expected some error msg.
Well, I've had that same problem here aswell. Seems like SF's cvs doesn't like
updating all that much, so I remove sources first, and do a full checkout even
(that seems to work better, even on my poor dialup...).  I don't know if it's
a problem that hangs the cvs binary, but if it was an error and cvs quits, in
theory you would have an error msg (if it is a cvs binary problem I can't do
anything, I'm sorry). If someone knows the problem, can you please communicate
it? Thanks.
BTW, I *hate* SF! (sorry, I had to say it... :\ )
[..]
>Thanks to all involved.
I second that ;)

>Cheers