Panel crashes after exiting mplayer.

Benedikt Meurer Benedikt.Meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Mon Jun 23 19:13:24 CEST 2003

On Mon, 23, Jun 2003, Marc Hildebrand wrote:

> Hi!

Hey Marc,

> I'm using xfce4 from cvs (co Sunday).
> When I start mplayer from a launcher or an xterm, the panel crashes after
> exiting from mplayer.
> The mplayer is: "MPlayer 0.90-3.2.3".
> I'd like to trace the crash back but don't know how. (I'm not a coder)
> Any hint would be welcome!

Compile the panel with --enable-debug=full/--enable-debug=yes, make sure
the kernel generates core dumps (set the coresize limit to unlimited),
start the panel with gdb attached (e.g. gdb xfce4-panel), type run,
start mplayer, await the crash, type backtrace and sent the output
to the list.

> A sidenote: after the crash there's no "Desktop left- or right-click
> menu" anymore.

That says, xfdesktop crashes as well. Please debug it the same way.

> Greets,
> Marc.

Benedikt

--