xffm translation: date specification

Bernhard Walle Bernhard.Walle at gmx.de
Thu Jun 19 17:13:34 CEST 2003

Hello,

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 at 10:06 (-0500), edscott wilson garcia wrote:
> El jue, 19-06-2003 a las 09:08, Bernhard Walle escribió:
> > On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 at 08:39 (-0500), edscott wilson garcia wrote:
> > > El mié, 18-06-2003 a las 15:50, Benedikt Meurer escribió:
>
> There's the rub. We're in translation freeze. There should be a way not
> to require the translations.

Ah, the two strings are *already* in the translation files, that was my
original question why they are ignored!

It's

#. strftime format for non-recent files (older than 6 months), in
#. -l output when --time-style=locale is specified.  This should
#. contain the year, month and day (at least), in an order that is
#. understood by people in your locale's territory.
#. Please try to keep the number of used screen columns small,
#. because many people work in windows with only 80 columns.  But
#. make this as wide as the other string below, for recent files.
#: libs/ls.c:193
msgid "%b %e  %Y"
msgstr ""

#. strftime format for recent files (younger than 6 months), in
#. -l output when --time-style=locale is specified.  This should
#. contain the month, day and time (at least), in an order that is
#. understood by people in your locale's territory.
#. Please try to keep the number of used screen columns small,
#. because many people work in windows with only 80 columns.  But
#. make this as wide as the other string above, for non-recent files.
#: libs/ls.c:201
msgid "%b %e %H:%M"
msgstr ""

> > > BTW, OT, I'm going to change the behaviour on the copy operation.
> > > Previously only moved files received the date of the original file. In
> > > the future, so will copied files, since the date information is much
> > > more usefull if it reflects content. This will make working with CVS
> > > sandboxes a bit faster.
> >
> > Do you really want another behaviour in a filemanager than just using
> > GNU cp?
>
> When the GNU/cp or DOS/copy is not usefull, yes.

Ok, I aggree.

Regards,
Bernhard

--
Was wir wissen, ist ein Tropfen; was wir nicht wissen, ein Ozean.